< return to vacancy listing
||Basingstoke and/or Gatwick with travel
||£highly competitive DOE
Reporting Line Manager: Directors
This role takes responsibility for the planning, delivery and management of key lighting & rigging projects of the company. The role involves
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- The profitable and efficient delivery of rental and production projects, handled by the Production Engineer and Project Management teams.
- Project Management of productions and projects, including the coordination, preproduction, systems design and delivery of a broad range of projects and market sectors.
- Efficiently respond to rental enquiries from the company’s clients and to handle and develop customer relationships.
Representing the Company:
- Act as Project Manager in all areas of delivering a project; to include calculating technical specifications, equipment, crew schedules, power and structural specification, transport requirements, etc. This project handling will be practically, administratively and commercially.
- Produce Risk Assessments & Method Statements (RAMS) for projects and keep abreast of the company’s H&S Policy and current industry regulations and best practice.
- Produce and annotate CAD drawings, using AutoCAD / Vectorworks software.
- Handle rental enquiries for both dryhire and fullservice production clients. Process client requests and issue quotations / proposals for services efficiently.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of proposal documents and quotations.
- Negotiate and secure orders for quoted services to drive maximum value for money for client, combined with profitable and efficient supply by the company.
- Match client requirements to available rental stock to maximise profitable delivery and execution on specific projects.
- Provide and coordinate out of hours support and advice to active projects and clients, across the productions managed.
- Locate and negotiate prices for orders for requirements of subhired equipment from the company’s suppliers for specific projects.
- Monitor project progress and act as point of contact for client in the event of any changes or additional requests throughout the project.
- Keep job files for each project updated and available for input from other team members.
- Prepare project invoices and close job file upon completion of each project.
- As required, coordinate equipment prep stage of a project within company’s warehouse facilities, to match clients requirements. Liaison with Operations Dept., in the completion
- of the show prep process and successful delivery of equipment orders to match client expectations.
- Identify and locate potential projects and sales opportunities for TSL, feeding information back to team members and reporting line manager. Actively coordinate sales intelligence information and input from broader team and discuss and input at regular business development meetings.
- Keep the Line Manager and company’s systems up to date with all aspects of client contact, project progress and prospective commercial contact, both positive and negative.
- Assist clients to specify equipment lists from plans and outline specifications. Assist with sourcing relevant production details from the customer, monitoring and follow up.
- Managing any project changes and customer confirmations, collating and reporting all charges to be invoiced.
- Attend production and site meetings as required.
- Undertake client visits and site visits, as directed and under own initiative.
- Provide support to the Directors, in other aspects of the business’s activity, as required, requested and directed.
- Participate in the management of the booking and allocation of full time and freelance production crew with experience appropriate to the work.
- Meet with, appraise and select freelance crew applicants, wishing to provide services to the company.
- Keep all work related information confidential and acting in a professional manner at all times, in all work and industrysocial situations.
- Identify any areas of our operation where you believe training and additional skills may be required or benefit yourself or the business.
- Provide feedback to Directors of any areas of improvement, development or growth of the business identified. Take a role within the team in problem solving and contribute to team & business improvement.
- Be aware of and complying with the company Health and Safety Policy.
- Ensure that the Company’s policies, rules, procedures and obligations are observed in carrying out the above duties.
- Good communications / interpersonal skills.
- Good management skills and ability to lead and coordinate a crew or team.
- Commercially astute. Good understanding of profitability, margin protection, cost control.
- Ability to manage a situation and effectively deal with both junior and senior colleagues.
- Good working knowledge of full range of current rigging equipment and practices.
- Working knowledge of lighting, video and audio systems and terminology an advantage.
- Strong IT knowledge preferably with a working knowledge of WYSIWYG & AutoCAD
- Eloquent. Able to write a proposal and express an idea or concept to a client or industry partner, either written or verbal.
- Numerate. Able to use spread sheets and IT to monitor budgets, profit margins etc.
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proactive, selfmotivated individual capable of working on their own initiative in a constantly changing and pressurised environment and fast developing company.
- Full driving licence, own transport and passport required.
- Ability to travel within UK, Europe & other international destinations, often at short notice.
The above list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be exhaustive. Employees are expected to adopt additional tasks when required. These tasks will be in keeping with the
general profile of the role.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to:
TSL are a team with a common goal – to provide the best quality lighting and rigging services available in the production industry. Quality is at the heart of everything we do and this starts with equipment that we supply and runs through the services that our team provides alongside this.
^ top of page
< return to vacancy listing