< return to vacancy listing
||Iver Heath, Buckinghamshire
The primary role is to supervise up to 12 full time staff plus apprentices and trainees, with additional responsibility for booking and allocating casual and agency staff as the business requires.
The Operations Manager is primarily responsible for ensuring day to day operations of the warehouse are carried out in conjunction with the needs of clients (internal and external) and the business. The role is a key pivotal position between Sales, Operations and Transport departments.
Responsibilities are as follows:
* Plan personnel allocation in each prep department, ensuring sufficient cover is in place depending on current workload, allowing for sickness and holiday absences.
* Assisting in planning training and assessment for warehouse departmental staff
* Developing staff to increase breadth of knowledge to allow for cover in each department
* Pro-actively keep open contacts with rigging Gaffers and best boys to fill in information gaps around scheduling and recording these in the Ops system.
* Ensure the leased fleet of vans is managed and serviced according to need and contract.
* Work with Translux to ensure their fleet issues are reported and rectified for continuous operation.
* Collaborate with the Returns Manager to prioritise off loads, refuelling of generators and vehicle returns.
* Working with the Returns Manager to prioritise labour, space and truck allocations
* Work closely with the Equipment Control Manager and his team to ensure equipment is prepped according to the SOP by departments and transport is supplied from Translux in a timely manner.
* Develop a system for ensuring the loading of vehicles is done to a high standard, with equipment packaged and secured appropriately to meet customer expectations. Ensuring Paperwork requirements are communicated to drivers including return of signed delivery notes.
* Liaise with MAP cargo and other international freight handlers re international freight movements.
* Work with department technicians and supervisors to predict workload, and plan around absence and holiday cover.
* Assisting with disciplinary investigations.
* Communicating and enforcing rules and procedures around the warehouse, escalating issues when standards are not met
* Verifying and signing off staff and agency time sheets in conjunction with the Finance team assistant.
* Carrying out new starter inductions. Reviewing inductions from time to time to reflect changes in the business.
* Working with departments to ensure risk assessments are current and communicated
* Managing and recording the issue of PPE.
* Working with the Operations Director to organise health and safety related training and competence assessments.
* Conducting regular workplace inspections.
* Understanding Kit requirements and prep and storage standards. Enusing department leads are working to a “ready to rent” standard, ad have escalation processes for exceptions
* Recording transport and personnel bookings for financial records.
* Co-ordinating warehouse stock transfers with the Langley warehouse.
* Part of the role may involve taking of project briefs and working autonomously to fulfil them, for example during department moves, stock takes and audits.
* Working as part of the wider warehouse team in Pinewood, if needed to cover absences, high workloads and unforeseen circumstances.
Skills and Qualifications required
The ideal candidate for this role will come with the following:
* Must be IT literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel,
* Must be process driven with the ability to devise and communicate processes to ensure consistent high standards of delivery
* Able to learn the MBS stock control inventory system (Rental tracker Pro)
* Must be able to confidently communicate with internal colleagues and external suppliers
* Be able to build strong working relationships with colleagues
* Be able to work under pressure to changing deadlines
* Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required
* Be willing to help in other departments when time allows to fulfil orders
* This person will be self-motivating and organising with the ability to plan workload keep track of multiple jobs
* Experience in the lighting industry is desirable, but not essential
Warehouse hours are from 07:00 to 20:00 Monday to Friday, and additional weekend and evening working is sometimes required.
MBS is a leading supplier of Lighting and associated equipment to the film and television industry, based at Pinewood studios, with other supporting locations. We work to a highly skilled clientele who demand high levels of service and response.
^ top of page
< return to vacancy listing