< return to vacancy listing
Technical Sales Support
||Technical Sales Support
||Kent/South East London
||£25 000 - £30 000 depending on experience
Steeldeck Hall Stage have an opening for an experienced candidate looking for a future in the Theatre Engineering industry. You will be joining a team where your contribution to the ongoing growth of the company and your continuous focus on the customer needs will be greatly valued.
The role is a combination of technical sales support, admin and customer service, and needs candidates with excellent organisational skills, some experience and understanding of technical products within the staging sector and good knowledge of order processing and office administration.
General responsibilities include:
- Finding opportunities to increase sales above the customers’ basic requirements.
- Enter customer orders quickly and accurately onto the Sage Line 50 system.
- Distributing Works Orders as required.
- Preparing accurate and timely quotations for customers.
- Answer the telephone & respond to email enquiries in a clear, friendly and efficient manner.
- Generating sales from inquiries.
- Provide technical support to dealers, installers and end-users.
- Coordinate external contractors & service suppliers as required.
- Liaise with the Production team to organise delivery times for orders and to communicate any changes with the customers and internal departments involved.
- Maintain the Quote Log to allow accurate tracking of customer quotations, with regular checks to maintain contact with client.
- Ensure that all Quotations, Orders and other related paperwork are kept in good order and filed correctly at all times.
- Organising e-mail and postal mail-outs.
- Maintain the ACT and Sage databases.
- Occasional processing of credit card payments.
- Generation of Sales Invoices and distribution of same.
- Generation of Despatch paperwork, UK and Export, including Commercial Invoices where necessary.
- Generation of Purchase Orders and Purchasing of Stock Items as required.
- Monitor Client Account details for credit limit and payment schedules.
- To perform tasks as required to ensure high levels of customer service.
Skills and Qualifications required
This is a full-time position with excellent growth potential as the company grows. Ideal candidates will come with a good technical understanding of stage products, and experience of order processing and sales support systems.
Key attributes include:
- Tolerance and compassion – dealing with a broad range of customers from a variety of backgrounds.
- Flexibility – not ‘fixed hours’ but not more than 37.5/week.
- Attention to detail – develop a good understanding of engineering component catalogues and reference codes.
- Wit and humour – it’s a time & quality-driven business where a client is genuinely the boss.
- Punctuality - a small staff complement means the entire team depends on each member
Steeldeck Industries both designs and supplies staging, auditoria and seating. Our range of retractable systems, partner products and original Steeldeck® platforms, used individually or in combination, provide a huge range of solutions. Steeldeck recently acquired Hall Stage, a company with a distinguished and outstanding tradition of innovation, stretching back over 100 years. With a comprehensive skill-set, the company designs, installs, services, maintains and distributes a broad range of engineered products for the entertainment industry.
^ top of page
< return to vacancy listing