< return to vacancy listing
||South Kirkby, Wakefield
||£highly competitive DOE
- Position – Full-Time
- Salary – Dependent on experience.
- Location – South Kirkby, Wakefield
- Hours – 40-hour week (full-time) 8:30am to 17:30pm.
- Benefits – 22 days holiday + Bank Holidays, Pension & Life Assurance, Profit Share, Reward
Scheme, Voluntary Health Cash Plan
The Project Design Manager drives the realization of all project designs and administers to daily operations of the design department. The role serves as a critical liaison between the project design team, project management, automation, production, senior management, and clients.
- Confirm preliminary design hours estimates and brainstorm technical solutions with the Design Director, including regular feedback on completion status back to Planning and constantly update all task lists/schedules due to scope/resource changes.
- Ensure accurate recording of work hours plus scheduling and approval of holiday time and forecasting overtime hours required for the projects design teams. Including interface with Director and Planning to set priorities, schedule workflow to best meet design and fabrication calendar goals.
- Confirm accurate job charging of the work performed by the projects design teams.
- Red flag any current or potential design crisis as early as possible, so priorities can be rearranged to mitigate the impact.
- Act as direct client interface, hunting and gathering critical information designers need to maintain forward progress.
- Actively promote and incorporate stock assets as solutions for as many project challenges as possible.
- Contribute asset design suggestions and actively promote the use of stock solutions wherever possible.
- Collaborate with teams to develop drafting, calculation, documentation, and data storage standards consistent across company.
- Highlight significant scope changes to project management that could lead to change orders, or additional sales possibilities.
- Serve as primary team contact with third party engineers, while promoting direct collaboration with individual designers.
- Lead detailed technical discussions, exploring multiple approaches before spiralling in to most effective solutions.
- Oversee the big picture of each project to ensure collaboration of individual element designers and integration of all parts.
- Provide a conduit between design and management to relate group or personal concerns, issues, or suggested improvements.
- Complete appraisals for current staff and collaborate on the hiring of future project/asset design recruits.
- Develop and implement a training regimen for the design team in classroom and hands-on skill improvements.
- Mentor the design team in company processes and approaches plus general industry techniques and knowledge.
- Interface with IT to ensure necessary computer, phone, copier hardware and software is present, functioning, and up to date.
- Maintain a fair balance between the client's artistic goals and the company's profit goals.
- Ensure proper distribution of documents to Production, Project management, H&S, Third Party Engineers, and Client Staff.
- Attend kick-off and major client meetings to ensure critical design information flows unencumbered to individual designers.
- Review all design documentation for completeness, safety, reliability, manufacturability, and adherence to budget.
- Actively follow all company employment, fire, health, and safety policies
- Potential overtime when required
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required
- Maintain sound housekeeping standards and always represent the company in a positive manner
- Any other ad-hoc duties as may be required
- Adhere to filing and drawing management guidelines
Skills and Qualifications required
- Basic knowledge of structural and mechanical manufacturing components and fabrication techniques
- Sound organizational skills for success in a fast paced, creative work environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for a collaborative workplace
- Solid computer proficiency in AutoCAD 3D and Microsoft Office, Solidworks or Inventor a plus
- Mechanical or Structural Engineering Degree
- Entertainment Technology Degree/ Stage Theatre
- Architecture Degree
- Product Design Degree
- Extensive industry experience equivalent to a degree e.g. Stage Theatre, Special Effects, TV & Film
For further details please contact Balreen Mehat on 01977 659800 or via email email@example.com
Production Park is the number one live events production destination in Europe, featuring three rehearsal studios, 15 events businesses and the UK’s only Live Events Production University Centre. The rehearsal studios on-site bring a variety of world class tours and productions to the park as well as providing space for test builds.
The park is also home to workshops, offices and machine shops belonging to a group of long established engineering, technology and creative specialist businesses, including Litestructures, LS-Live, CATO Music, Perry Scenic Creative and Brilliant Stages.
^ top of page
< return to vacancy listing