< return to vacancy listing
AV Service Support Technician
||AV Service Support Technician
||£25k to £30k depending on experience
This role would suit an individual who has previous experience in fault finding, servicing and repairing a variety of audio visual equipment. Site visits to service/repair equipment are a part of this role so on-site experience is essential.
Strong technical skills are required together with the ability to quickly understand new or challenging equipment. Product training will be provided as appropriate however the ideal candidate will display a proactive approach with regard to improving their product knowledge and keeping up with technical trends within the industry. Working under pressure and to tight deadlines is an everyday reality in this role so a calm and organised manner is essential.
- To undertake pro-active and re-active service visits for fault finding and maintenance of equipment on clients’ premises
- Carry out on site repairs on client equipment if practicable
- Carry out bench repairs at SW19 on customer equipment.
- Timely and accurate reporting for all service, maintenance and repair work carried out
- Provide telephone support in answering technical questions for equipment and systems.
- Participate in the call out rota to facilitate out of hours support to our contracted clients.
- Be proactive in suggesting new methods and techniques to improve servicing accuracy and efficiency.
- To ensure all equipment is serviced in a manner that complies with all safety and other electrical legislation.
- To follow procedures as laid out by the Tech Service Manager and WL as a whole at all times.
- To liaise with account handlers on the feasibility and availability of replacement equipment for hire to our service customers.
- Assist colleagues with general warehouse duties including the assistance of other departments/divisions of WL
- To ensure that Health & Safety guidelines and policies are adhered to at all times.
Skills and Qualifications required
- A good technical knowledge of Audio Visual Systems with a technical background within the AV industry.
- A full operational and technical knowledge of communications and audio visual systems and system components is essential, and demonstrable ability to apply this knowledge
- Strong customer-focus and understanding of the sensitivities of working on a client’s site.
- IT / Networking skills.
- Good working knowledge of DMX, networking, dimming & basic electrical theory.
- Excellent fault finding skills and an ability to think laterally
- Good use and understanding of test equipment and tools
- Good soldering skills
- Ability to work at height
- Current PASMA, IPAF and ECS card desirable
- Full clean driving licence desirable
Personal competencies and behaviours
- Literate and Numerate
- Organised, flexible and able to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Able to follow detailed instruction and carry out tasks accurately and unsupervised
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills with a polite and friendly manner when dealing with internal and external customers and suppliers.
- A good team member
- Deadline conscious
- Good time keeping and attendance record
- Ability to adhere to and demonstrate knowledge of health and safety matters in relation to common work related tasks.
- To carry out your duties/responsibilities in a manner that reflects the WL core values of dependability, knowledgeability, friendliness, adaptability, customer focus and honourability at all times.
Apart from the duties summarised in this job description, we retain the right in consultation with the post holder to include other reasonable duties, which are part of, and incidental to, this type of work.
Full Enhanced Disclosure and Barring checks will be carried out.
White Light is the complete production solution specialist operating in a range of markets such as theatre, concert touring, corporate events, broadcast, themed attractions, education and trade.
^ top of page
< return to vacancy listing