< return to vacancy listing
Technical Support Manager - Lighting, Video and Audio
||Technical Support Manager - Lighting, Video and Audio
||Dubai, UAE, with travel
||£highly competitive DOE, with benefits
White Light Ltd (WL) on behalf of a White Light UAE entity is needs an experienced Technical Support Manager to join their UAE (Dubai) team.
The role is a service-orientated management position, with a main focus on managing the processes of equipment maintenance, repair and SLA-orientated responsibilities for a range of clients.
The successful candidate will be employed by this UAE entity in accordance with UAE labour laws.
- To provide technical support to existing customers & service level agreements in the UAE; for example theme parks, Theatre, Studios, manufacturers, hotels, retail and rental companies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with customers regarding technical issues with a view to diagnosis & repair as required.
- Lead, supervise, mentor & train technicians as required, the small team will include local employees
- Liaise with customers on the establishment of service contracts, including out of hours support, and manage the flow of some direct equipment sales
Skills and Qualifications required
Previous experience of lighting, audio & video technology in a support and repair processes is essential, as is familiarity with theatre and performance etiquette, White Light equipment and/or equivalent UK equipment.
- Previous experience of performance and/or event lighting, audio & video technology is required, familiarity with WL or equivalent UK equipment is required
- Previous experience in an service engineer role with some sales experience
- Strong leadership skills; managing and motivating technical teams
- Ability to provide technical support by phone & e mail
- Very strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven IT skills, including the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access applications and PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to prepare site/service reports and Risk Assessments, SOPS and method statements using Microsoft Office
- Comply with health and safety policies of the Company and its clients, knowledge of emergency preparedness and accident reporting, etc.
- Financial acumen, budget setting and working to targets: assist management in setting budgets related to the technical scope, including ensuring budgets are met.
- Procurement of related technical repair equipment and consumables
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels
- Relating to others and working as a member of a team.
- Deadline conscious, and highly organised with the ability to prioritise and multi-task managing a challenging workload and meeting strict deadlines
- Willing and flexible approach, with the ability to work on own initiative
- Excellent time management and planning skills, forward thinking and able to add value.
- Hold a clean, valid Driving Licence
- Maintain confidentiality at all times
- To carry out your duties/responsibilities in a professional and efficient manner that reflects the core values of the business at all times
Apart from the duties summarised in this job description, we retain the right in consultation with the post holder to include other reasonable duties, which are part of, and incidental to, this type of work. Experience of working in the UAE region is desirable.
Relocation packages from the UK will be considered.
Housing allowance and medical insurance are included.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a covering letter and CV stating current experience and expected salary range to:
White Light is the complete production solution specialist operating in a range of markets such as theatre, concert touring, corporate events, broadcast, themed attractions, education and trade.
^ top of page
< return to vacancy listing