< return to vacancy listing
Reporting Line Manager: Operations Manager / Warehouse Manager
Working within the company’s Operations Team, this role is based at the company’s warehouse, in the preparation, servicing, testing, cleaning and packaging of the company’s equipment, as directed.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
Representing the Company:
- Assist with the servicing, preparation, cleaning and packaging of the company’s rental equipment, within the company’s warehouse.
- Operating fork lift truck to position items of rental stock on shelving & vehicles.
- Deal with customers and drivers visiting the company’s premises to collect or return orders and equipment.
- Assist with the maintenance and repair of full range of company’s rental stock.
- Checking-out of customer order to ensure that all items are included and delivered and operational and cleanly presented.
- Checking-in of equipment returned from hire, against paperwork. Log and report any shortages or damages.
- Keep all work areas clean, tidy and efficiently organised.
- Provide assistance to company driver on deliveries and collections where additional assistance with loading is required.
- Loading and unloading of equipment from vehicles. The role involves an element of manual handling of bulky and heavy technical equipment.
- As directed, provide support to the other teams within the company, to assist in other aspects of the business’s activity, as required.
- Keep all work related information confidential and acting in a professional manner at all times, in all work situations.
- Identify any areas of our operation where you believe training and additional skills may be required or benefit yourself or the business.
- Provide feedback within immediate team and to Reporting Line Manager of any areas of improvement, development or growth of the business identified.
- Be aware of and complying with the company Health and Safety Policy and all traffic laws and regulations.
- Ensure that the Company’s policies, rules, procedures and obligations are observed in carrying out the above duties.
- Good communications / interpersonal skills.
- Fluent speaker of English language.
- Flexible and adaptable. Able to respond to short-notice changes in working hours and schedules.
- Practical ability in the use of hand tools and test equipment.
- Electrical and electronics knowledge an advantage.
- Fork lift licence an advantage.
- Previous knowledge of lighting / technical equipment would be an advantage.
- Basic IT knowledge with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word / Outlook etc.
- Numerate. Basic maths skills and arithmetic required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proactive, self-motivated individual capable of working on their own initiative in a constantly changing and pressurised environment and fast developing company.
- The ability to work as a member of a team and to provide and receive input from other team members is vital.
The above list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be exhaustive. Employees are expected to adopt additional tasks when required. These tasks will be in keeping with the
general profile of the role.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to:
TSL are a team with a common goal – to provide the best quality lighting and rigging services available in the production industry. Quality is at the heart of everything we do and this starts with equipment that we supply and runs through the services that our team provides alongside this.
^ top of page
< return to vacancy listing