< return to vacancy listing
Mechanical & Rigging Inspector
||Mechanical & Rigging Inspector
||Patchway, Bristol with national travel
||£highly competitive DOE
Reporting to: Commercial Manager (Venue Services)
As Mechanical & Rigging Inspector you will be responsible for carrying out safety inspections at customer locations, including but not limited to theatres, entertainment venues and a variety of educational establishments. You will be responsible for inspecting and reporting on the condition of static structures, mechanical (moving) structures, lifting equipment, lifting accessories, hoists and loose equipment as well as helping with other site activities where appropriate.
You will be expected to attend jobs at customer sites that have been scheduled by the office and carry out inspections and complete reports as required. This role will include working amongst other as part of a wider team and where required lone working may be required. Whilst on site you will be expected to complete reports, offer practical and safety advice on the use of equipment and maintain a high level of customer service. Some tasks may require working at height for short periods of time on appropriate access equipment.
This is predominately a field-based role, however you will be based from our Bristol office and will be required to report regularly for administrative duties etc. You should expect to be working away from home for significant periods of time during the working week, and with occasional weekend work where required.
A candidate’s knowledge and experience will be assessed on site as part of confirming employment.
These are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature
• Work at our customer locations carrying out mechanical, rigging and lifting equipment inspections across a range of installation types. Examples are:
o Static Lighting Bars
o Hemp Systems
o Counter Weight Systems
o Winch Systems
o Chain Hoists and Blocks
o Loose Equipment and Lifting Accessories
• Conduct inspection and testing activities in accordance with applicable regulations, best practice and company processes, such as but not limited to LOLER, PUWER & LEEA
• Carry out other site activities as required, for example general assistance activities. This may include working with the electrical teams, erecting access equipment and helping with PAT testing and electrical inspections of equipment and systems.
• Provide a high standard of customer service to both external and internal clients at all times
• Complete post inspection documentation in a timely manner
• Working at customer sites to carry out inspections and tests
• Providing excellent customer service at all times
• Conducting visual inspections, load testing and mechanical inspections and tests on a range of mechanical, rigging and lifting equipment
• Completion of post inspection and testing documentation
• Additional assistance tasks described above as required
• Adhering to all appropriate Health & Safety regulations and guidance
• Other reasonable duties as directed by your manager
Skills and Qualifications required
• Experience relevant to the role
• Medically fit and able to carry out the likely tasks (e.g. climbing ladders, building towers and general site based activities)
• Willingness to work away from home and at customer sites
• Excellent attention to detail, coupled with excellent customer service
• Punctual timekeeping and ability to forward plan journeys by car/rail etc
• Strong IT skills and familiarity with Microsoft Packages such as Excel, Word etc.
• Driver's licence and clean DBS check
• Relevant qualifications and/or evidence of completion of relevant training courses such as National
Rigging Certificate, National Event Lifting Certificate, LOLER, PUWER, LEEA, IPAF, PASMA
Please submit your application with an up-to-date CV and covering letter.
Stage Electrics is one of Europe's leading suppliers of stage lighting and sound equipment to the entertainment industry. In addition to an extensive sales portfolio, our services include theatre installations, testing & inspection and maintenance.
^ top of page
< return to vacancy listing