< return to vacancy listing
||£highly competitive DOE
The company continues to grow and we now have an exciting opportunity for an established and experienced HR professional to join our team.
The HR Manager will provide a positive and proactive approach in assisting with the efficient and effective running of our business. Reporting directly to the Head of Human Resources, this is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic company that puts quality at the forefront of everything that it does.
The HR Manager will be responsible for managing the HR function within TSL Lighting and Blinding Light (a subsidiary of TSL). They will, alongside the Head of HR, implement the HR strategy to support the business objectives and enhance the culture of the company.
They will focus on recruitment, induction, performance management, training and development and will work closely with all departments and senior management to ensure the appropriate levels of HR support and expertise are provided to the business.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the HR Manager will also have the support of the Head of HR, who works on a consultancy basis.
Core responsibilities and responsibilities
Recruitment and Retention:
- Manages cost effective recruitment through proactively sourcing candidates directly via social media
- Organise all interviews, creating interview packs for those interviewing
- Seeks references, prepare offer packs and contracts for new starters
- Oversee induction plans and set up new starters for day one and oversees their settling in period
- Work with line managers to achieve a retention rate of 80%
- Conduct interviews to identify areas of improvement which impact retention
- Manage any students on work experience
Training and Development:
- Work in collaboration with managers to identify training needs and ensure it is delivered in a timely manner i.e. not letting licenses lapse
- Identify and work with external training providers to ensure quality of delivery and value for money
- Record all training activity on a training matrix
- Manage all staff training and ensure all training costs are tracked and within budget
- Advise managers on employee relation issues and assist with disciplinary and capability situations when they arise, seeking legal advice when necessary Reward and Recognition
- Oversee employee pay increases and promotions and prepare all the necessary paperwork
- Ensure that mid-term and end of probation reviews are held at the appropriate time and produce end of probation paperwork
- Develop job descriptions for new roles and review and amend current ones when required
- Create a supportive learning culture
- Provide guidance and coaching to Directors/Managers to develop the teams HR acumen
The above list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be exhaustive. Employees are expected to adopt additional tasks when required. These tasks will be in keeping with the general profile of the role.
To apply for the role please send a CV and cover letter to Helen Gorrod: firstname.lastname@example.org
The TSL group provide lighting and rigging equipment and services to the Live Event, Concert Touring, Corporate and Trade-Rental markets. The business has a diverse range of customers, who value the high quality and standards that we work to.
^ top of page
< return to vacancy listing