< return to vacancy listing
||Field based with Bristol as HQ
||£highly competitive DOE
As a Service Engineer you will be responsible for carrying out on-site preventative maintenance and reactive repair activities on a wide variety of audio, lighting, visual and control systems, using spare parts from van stock if necessary. This may involve liaising closely with manufacturers or other departments within Stage Electrics to aid with fault diagnosis and fault repair. In some cases when a first-time fix is not possible, you will be expected to propose an alternative/temporary solution, identify further works required and ensure the relevant details are noted accurately.
You will primarily work at Customer venues, including but not limited to theatres, entertainment venues, educational establishments, houses of worship and conference facilities. You will maintain a high level of customer service in everything you do.
You will provide telephone support to customers when required, assisting them with their service query, and identifying the best course of action e.g. site visit, workshop repair or otherwise.
This is a full-time role primarily based in the field. You will be required to work away from home as part of the role, with overnight accommodation provided. You may also be required to support our Bristol-based workshop with admin and repair activities.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
These are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature.
• Attending site, identifying/confirming the repair, service and maintenance works required and carrying them out in a safe and professional manner in accordance with internal guidelines and procedures
• Providing exceptional customer service, whether in person, on the phone or in written communication
• Identifying & escalating instances when solutions have a negative effect to profit margins
• Actively working to minimise any unnecessary costs and providing best value for the customer
• Providing technical assistance to customers in person or over the phone and advising on potential courses of action
• Identifying opportunities for continuous improvements
• Carrying out bench repairs in the workshop when required
• Supporting office admin with the production of quotes and other documentation from a technical perspective
• Maintaining a stock level of spare parts and accessories in your van
• Other reasonable duties as directed by your manager
Skills and Qualifications required
• Skills and experience relevant to the role, specifically maintenance and repair of production related sound, light, video systems and equipment
• Reasonable knowledge of electronics and ability to diagnose and repair to component level
• Able to use basic diagnostic/test equipment such as digital multimeters
• Good standard of English, and ability to converse clearly via phone and in person
• Proficient use of IT systems and programs
• Excellent attention to detail, coupled with excellent customer service
• Punctual timekeeping and ability to forward plan journeys by car/rail etc
• Logical approach to fault finding
• Good problem-solving skills and the ability to deal with unexpected issues
• Some experience of working within a similar industry
• Skills and experience of working with and/or repair of architectural/automated lighting control and/or stage hoist control systems
Please apply with an up-to-date CV and covering letter.
Stage Electrics is one of Europe's leading suppliers of stage lighting and sound equipment to the entertainment industry. In addition to an extensive sales portfolio, our services include theatre installations, testing & inspection and maintenance.
^ top of page
< return to vacancy listing