< return to vacancy listing
Senior Programmes Administrator
||Senior Programmes Administrator
||South Kirkby, Wakefield
||£highly competitive DOE
The Senior Programmes Administrator will be reporting directing to the Director of Operations and Student Services and is responsible for the administration and data management of all Backstage Academy undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- Administration support to the academic team in delivery of all UG and PG programmes.
- Managing the flow of student data throughout the academic cycle, from enrolment to graduation. This includes the collation and input of grades, attendance and personal details to data management systems.
- Operational management and co-ordination of exams and assessments, in conjunction with the academic team.
- Managing the quality assurance process, including the appointment of external examiners.
- Ensuring that administration and academic policies and procedures are followed and routinely evaluated
- Ensuring that a calendar of tasks and deadlines for teaching and learning activities within Backstage Academy is drawn up and ensuring that deadlines are met.
- Maintaining accurate records and excellent data quality related to programmes and student records across Backstage Academy
- Overseeing student attendance monitoring procedures, including Tier 4 student monitoring
- Overseeing retention related procedures, including applications to withdraw or suspend studies.
- Coordinating the production of handbooks for all UG and PG programmes
- Overseeing the student registration process, usually occurring on the first day of Freshers’ Week.
- Manage the optional module selection procedures for UG and PG students Providing management with information, including recommendations for action, to inform the strategic operation of the UG and PG programmes
- Providing information and support for academic users of teaching and learning systems
- Liaising with Course Leaders in order to clarify policies and procedures
- Effectively managing any resources delegated by the Backstage Academy Board.
- Actively contributing to the development of programmes within Backstage Academy and attend meetings and working parties as appropriate
- Attending and in some instances taking meeting minutes of other relevant boards, committees.
- Representing Backstage Academy as required at relevant meetings at the University of Bolton or other external partners
- Contributing to the development of the academic and administration teams in order to meet university objectives and policies Examinations and Assessment
- Acting as key contact for Backstage Academy for any queries regarding examination or assessment issues
- Overseeing the implementation of key regulations relating to Examinations and Assessment, ensuring compliance by all staff
- Maintaining and updating the Examinations and Assessment Calendar, ensuring all key committees and meetings have been scheduled in time to meet university deadlines
- Chair exam board meetings
- Managing the appointment of external examiners, and ensuring proper communication between the disciplines and the external examiners
- Updating key sections of student handbooks, student intranet and staff intranet in relation to examination and assessment matters
- Training staff in the delivery of examination and assessment administration And regulations where necessary
- Overseeing and supporting online assessment submission, developing guidance for academic colleagues
- Supporting the Director of Operations and Student Services with the management and processing of Student Cases, including:
- Academic Appeals and Mitigating Circumstances
- Academic Misconduct
- Non-academic Misconduct
- Student Complaints Quality Enhancement
- Coordinating and supporting the annual programme review process (for credit bearing and non–credited bearing courses) across the institution. Ensuring key Backstage Academy and University of Bolton deadlines are met, and key practices complied with
- Coordinating the collection, dissemination and evaluation of formal module and programme feedback.
- Supporting the Director of Operations and Student Services with National Student Survey completion.
- Supporting the Associate Dean with material for the management and implementation of wider accreditation/periodic/ and institutional reviews In addition, the post holder may be asked to undertake related tasks as deemed appropriate by the Director of Operations and Student Services or Backstage Academy Board, in line with the grading of the post.
Skills and Qualifications required
- Significant experience of working in higher education in programmes administration
- Degree or relevant professional qualification/experience
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing
- Knowledge and understanding of higher education student support processes
- Experience of developing, implementing and monitoring administrative systems and procedures
- Considerable personal initiative, maturity and judgement in interpreting course of action and setting priorities
- High level of flexibility and the ability to prioritise competing demands
- Ability to provide leadership in the area of logistical and administrative support
- Experience of problem solving
- Excellent organisational and committee servicing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise effectively with a wide range of staff
- Ability to prioritise work and to respond calmly and effectively under pressure whilst working to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent IT skills in word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, email and the Internet
- Commitment to developing management skills and undertaking other relevant professional development
- Flexibility in working arrangements Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Working knowledge of University corporate systems, e.g. Moodle, Turnitin, Timetabler/Syllabus Plus or similar
- Experience of Examinations and Assessment in an HE environment
- Experience of Quality Enhancement in an HE Environment You will be an integral member of the Operations Department, reporting to the Director of Operations and Student Services.
You will also work closely with the Academic Officer, who co-ordinates the teaching timetable, library services, guest lecturer liaison and student communications. This is an exciting time to be joining Backstage Academy, as we prepare to apply for Degree Awarding Powers. You will have an opportunity to shape course administration procedures as they transfer from the University of Bolton, and will be required to support the Associate Dean with data collection and policy review to support this transition.
Position: Full-Time – 40 hours per week
Salary: Dependent on experience
Location: South Kirkby, Wakefield
Hours: 10:00am to 18:30pm
Benefits: 22 days’ holiday + Bank Holidays, Pension, Life Assurance, Profit Share Scheme, Monthly Reward Scheme, Voluntary Health Cash Plan
For further details please contact Balreen Mehat on 01977 659800 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Uniquely positioned at the heart of Production Park, Europe’s leading live events production destination, Backstage Academy exists to transform students into Live Industry professionals. It’s no ordinary educational establishment. Our students don’t just learn about the industry, they live it.
^ top of page
< return to vacancy listing