< return to vacancy listing
Rental Warehouse Manager
||Rental Warehouse Manager
|| South Kirkby, Wakefield
||£highly competitive DOE
Position: Full-Time 40-hour week. 8:30am to 17:30pm
Salary: Dependent on experience.
Location: South Kirkby, Wakefield
- 22 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance
- Profit Share Scheme
- Monthly Reward Scheme
- Voluntary Health Cash Plan
Oversee the efficient receipt, storage, and dispatch of a range of goods. Responsible for a vital part of the supply chain process, through managing processes and systems, to ensure goods are received and dispatched appropriately and productivity targets are met.
Key responsibilities will be as follows:
- Take overall responsibility for the punctual and complete preparation and despatch of rental equipment orders.
- Ensure all equipment dispatched is prepared and tested in accordance with the company’s procedures and policies.
- Quality check all stock to ensure the high quality is maintained.
- Take overall responsibility for the checking-in of equipment returned from rental projects.
- Ensure all items are correctly returned and that any shortages and damages are swiftly notified.
- Ensure that all equipment is swiftly and efficiently returned to a hireable condition and neatly stored.
- Ensure all damaged or faulty equipment is swiftly repaired and returned to operational condition.
- Maintain day to day running of the stock control system, including verifying supply orders and stock movements and being proactive in regard to stock changes throughout peak periods, planning for future capacity requirements.
- Develop an inventory tracking system to streamline our business operations ensuring stock control systems are up to date and make sure inventories are accurate.
- Produce reports on inventory activities and variances.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the receipt, order, assembly and dispatch of stock.
- Resolve issues and discrepancies of stock.
- Produce regular reports on stock levels.
- Conduct daily analyses to forecast potential inventory issues.
- Document stocks delivery and supervise their movement into operational processing.
- Ensure the handling, storage and assembly of equipment and orders is carried out in accordance with the company’s procedures and policies.
- Assist with designing the layout of a new warehouse facility.
- Develop and implement inventory control procedures and best practice.
- Have a clear understanding of the company's policies and vision and how the warehouse contributes to these.
- Provide line management and task allocation to warehouse staff.
- Use space and equipment efficiently, making sure quality and budgetary targets are met.
- Ensure all supplies are competitively purchased and costs are controlled and minimised wherever possible.
- Lead a process of continual improvement and efficiency review.
- Provide feedback within immediate team and to Reporting Line Manager of any areas of improvement, development or growth of the business identified.
- Keep all work-related information confidential and acting in a professional manner at all times, in all work situations.
- Take responsibility for the implementation and adherence to the company Health and Safety Policy and all safe working practices with the operations team and environment.
- Ensure all control measures are implemented and maintained and all documentation is kept up to date and valid including Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
Skills and Qualifications required
A commensurate level of experience in a similar role is essential.
Skills required for this role will be as follows:
- Great interpersonal and communications skills
- Good team working skills
- The ability to work to monthly deadlines
- An aptitude for IT including Microsoft packages such as Excel.
For any further details and to apply directly, please email a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Balreen Mehat at email@example.com, or contact directly on 01977 659800.
Production Park is the number one live events production destination in Europe, featuring three rehearsal studios, 15 events businesses and the UK’s only Live Events Production University Centre. The rehearsal studios on-site bring a variety of world class tours and productions to the park as well as providing space for test builds.
The park is also home to workshops, offices and machine shops belonging to a group of long established engineering, technology and creative specialist businesses, including Litestructures, LS-Live, CATO Music, Perry Scenic Creative and Brilliant Stages.
^ top of page
< return to vacancy listing