< return to vacancy listing
Customer Services Engineer - Martin Lighting
||Customer Services Engineer - Martin Lighting
||Highly competitive DOE
The main aspect of this role is to service, upgrade, repair and provide technical support on the full range of Martin Professional Lighting product. The role is office based (Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire) but there is a requirement to be able to visit customers and their clients to carry out servicing and repair work.
To service and repair warranty and non warranty Martin Professional Lighting product returned to our head offices at Letchworth Garden City.
To provide customer support and fault finding analysis on all Martin product, by telephone and email, and where appropriate at face to face meetings and on-site with client systems.
To visit customer premises to service , update and repair Martin product.
To monitor faults and report all resulting issues to the supplier.
To liaise with spares department to ensure that the correct spares are kept in stock and to help identify spare part requirement
When required, to be able to service other product lines distributed by the company, after the necessary training.
To take responsibility for, and promote, the health, safety and welfare – of yourself and others - who may be affected by what you do, or fail to do – whilst complying with the company’s Health and Safety policies and procedures.
From time to time the job holder will be expected to carry out other activities and tasks, within their skills and ability or for which they are trained to do in order to assist in the efficient operation of the company.
Skills and Qualifications required
Based on these deliverables, the successful candidate will be able to fulfil the following criteria:
- No mandatory qualification required but HND/Degree in Electronics or similar qualification preferred.
- Experience in the operation, service and repair of professional lighting product, including lights, atmospherics, video and control systems.
- Experience in dealing with customer enquires etc. through face to face meetings, telephone and email.
- A good understanding of techniques & circuitry used in lighting product, including digital & power electronics.
- An understanding of the various environments in which our customers operate, including theory & practice relating to these.
- Has the ability to diagnose and correct simple faults and problems, including on-site, and be able to work under pressure to deadlines dictated by the needs of the client.
- Has good administration skills, including computer literacy (Google Apps or Office 365).
- Can work with little supervision but can also work as part of a team.
After training the candidate will be expected to:
- Repair and test entertainment lighting, atmospherics, video and control systems.
- Use a wide range of tools and fixtures which requires high levels of dexterity and a keen eye for detail.
Working in this sector will require the applicant to:
- Have a full and clean driving licence.
- Be familiar with Health and Safety best practices
Please send applications to:
FAO Sarah Jennings
Sound Technology Ltd
17 Letchworth Point
Letchworth Garden City
Founded in 1978, Sound Technology Ltd is one of the largest independent distributors operating in the professional audio, professional lighting and musical instrument industries. We provide brand-focused representation for a select number of high profile international brands in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
^ top of page
< return to vacancy listing